There is no direct regulation of the Aesthetic industry in the UK. Whilst Doctors, Nurses and Dentists are regulated by their professional bodies there are many other people who offer treatments who answer to nobody. This is an extremely complex issue with many different views and opinions, it is difficult enough for the professionals to navigate let alone the general public.
Unfortunately many people find themselves in a situation where they are either not happy with, or something has gone wrong with a treatment. When this happens who do you turn to? Also how do you decide who to go to for a treatment?
All practicing Nurses, Doctors and Dentists are registered with a professional body who will take very seriously any worries, concerns or complaints you may have. All professional bodies have a register that you can check.
A a nurse Helen is registered with the Nursing and Midwifery council (NMC). As well as being registered with the NMC Helen is also an active member of The British Association of Cosmetic Nurses (BACN) and The Northern Aesthetic Practitioners Group (NAPG). Both Helen and her Liverpool clinic (Wales clinic to follow) are Save Face registered. Save face is a register of accredited practitioners and clinics that meet the Save Face minimum standards. Save Face check out everything for you so you don't have to.
These are that the:-
The Person treating you
- Is who they say they are .
- Is medically qualified and is registered with a statutory body .
- The qualifications they claim are genuine and relevant
- The training they have received is appropriate
- Is insured
- Has evidenced that the information and advice they provide is informative, robust and truthful.
- Undertakes regular training updates
- Complies with Health and Safety Legislation
- Is clean Has the necessary equipment and facilities to provide the treatments safely
Products and equipment used:-
- Are genuine
- Are appropriately licensed
- Are evidence based
- Are sourced from legitimate suppliers
- Are appropriately stored and maintained